Sharp Laboratories of Europe develops world class technology for Sharp’s display and device products. The Emissive Displays group has a mission to create original technology for new-generation displays using organic LEDs (OLEDs) and quantum dot LEDs (QLEDs, QD-LEDs). This group is expanding, creating new opportunities for candidates to have a key R&D role with one of the world’s leading display manufacturers.
There is an opportunity for an experienced electronics engineer to take a senior role in our research team in Oxford which designs original circuits for thin film transistor (TFT) backplanes of OLED displays. This team’s responsibilities include inventing new ultra-small pixel circuits for high definition displays and new pixel circuits based on oxide TFTs (IGZO).
The successful candidate will:
- lead the full development cycle for design of original TFT pixel circuits, including conception, optimisation, simulation, layout, experimental testing and patenting;
- propose and explore research directions for disruptive improvements in performance of OLED backplanes;
- liaise with colleagues in Sharp’s R&D and manufacturing divisions in Japan.
We are seeking highly motivated candidates who have:
- 2:1 or above Masters degree in Electronic Engineering or related subject (PhD preferred);
- minimum of 3 years’ experience in transistor-level analogue / mixed-signal design and a track record creating original circuit designs which meet demanding specifications;
- experience of industry-standard design tools (ideally Cadence® EDA software).
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates with:
- experience in the full development cycle of transistor-level circuit design, circuit layout, experimental testing and design for manufacture techniques;
- experience in transistor-level pixel circuit design for displays or sensors;
- experience in simulation and layout of TFT circuits;
- good understanding of the physics of semiconductor devices;
- experience as an inventor in the patenting of analogue circuits;
- strong publication and/or patent record showing evidence of creative and innovative R&D.
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities and a relocation and employment package that includes competitive salary, pension, life assurance and local amenity benefits.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number below.