Sharp Laboratories of Europe develops world class technology for Sharp’s display and device products. The Emissive Displays group has a mission to create original technology for new-generation displays using organic LEDs (OLEDs) and quantum dot LEDs (QLEDs, QD-LEDs). This group is expanding, creating new opportunities for candidates to have a key R&D role with one of the world’s leading display manufacturers.
There is an opportunity for an electronics engineer to join our research team in Oxford which designs original circuits for thin film transistor (TFT) backplanes of OLED displays. This team’s responsibilities include inventing new ultra-small pixel circuits for high definition displays and new pixel circuits based on oxide TFTs (IGZO).
The successful candidate will:
- propose, design, simulate, optimise and test original transistor-level analogue pixel circuits;
- lead the design of drivers (discrete-component mixed-signal circuits) for evaluation of prototype pixel circuits;
- liaise with colleagues in Sharp’s R&D and manufacturing divisions in Japan.
We are seeking highly motivated candidates who have:
- Masters degree (2:1 or above) or PhD in Electronic Engineering or related subject;
- strong knowledge of transistor-level analogue / mixed-signal design;
- the desire to learn new skills from experienced mentors and apply them quickly;
- a flexible, delivery-focussed approach and good teamwork skills.
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates with:
- experience of industry-standard design tools (ideally Cadence® EDA software);
- experience in simulation and layout of transistor-level circuits (ideally TFT);
- experience in testing of transistor-level circuits or measurement of small signals;
- experience in analogue and digital discrete-component circuit and PCB design;
- a flair for creating original circuit designs which meet demanding specifications;
- good understanding of the physics of semiconductor devices.
We offer excellent training and career development opportunities and a relocation and employment package that includes competitive salary, pension, life assurance and local amenity benefits.
Applicants should send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting the reference below.