Reference No: NP 2018/8
The BESSY-II Operation Accelerator Department at HZB operates the first-class light sources BESSY II and MLS with outstanding performance. The Department carries out the implementation of the ERL project bERLINPro as well as the upgrade project BESSY VSR and develops first concepts for the follow-up project BESSY III.
The mission of the Working Group on Technical Radiation Protection / Radiation Physics is the protection of persons and the environment during the operation of the accelerators. In order to meet these requirements, it is also necessary to carry out research and development tasks from all aspects of radiation protection. This is particularly necessary in order to be able to carry out planning tasks for new accelerators.
- Responsibility as Radiation Safety Officer for the accelerator facilities BESSY, MLS, bERLinPro and HoBiCaT
- Project management (radiation safety) for bERLinPro and BESSY VSR
- Planning work of radiation protection shielding and safety measures
- Development of concepts for radiation protection of BESSY III
- Conduction of experiments and publications according to radiation protection
- Preparation to lead the group Technical radiation safety / radiation physics
- PhD degree in physics or equivalent
- Consolidated knowledge of radiation protection issues (especially in radiation physics)
- Experience with Monte-Carlo code FLUKA (activation, spectra, shielding)
- Programming experience for performing analytical shielding calculations
- Experience with accelerator facilities
- Knowledge of accelerator physics desirable
- Ability to work in a team, leadership experience desirable
- Very good German and English language skills
With appropriate suitability, an unlimited contract is possible.
Fixed term contract for 24 months. The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability
How to apply?
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look for ward to receiving your application by August 31, 2018.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1, 14109 Berlin
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB)
ope rates two large scale facilities for materials research: the neutron source BER II and the synchrotron source BESSY II, which provide deep insights into the structure of materials and the processes within complex systems. Each year around 3,000 scientists use the HZB
infra structure facilities. Important focuses of HZB are accelerator, materials and energy research.
SCIENCE + CAREER + DIVERSITY = HZB
... is the formula for our successful human re sources policy. We offer wide-ranging internal and external training programs for our employees as well as a special support program for young scientists. Our family friendly workplace policy includes flexible working hours,
telework arrangements and holiday pro grams for employees' children.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Dr. Klaus Ott
phone: +49 30 8062 12988