Our membership is inclusive and equal for all physicists. As an IOP member, you can be part of a community of professionals working together to support each other and promote physics in society.
We can support your professional development throughout your career and provide a clear pathway to progress through each category of membership:
Our Associate Member category is for undergraduates, apprentices and trainees, and for professionals with a connection to physics. We will support you to tailor your membership based on your interests and career aspirations.
Our Member category is for those in business, industry, academia, teaching or science policy who have a degree or equivalent experience and knowledge of physics gained in the workplace. Membership can help you keep your physics knowledge up to date, connect with the community and develop professionally.
Our Fellow category is peer-assessed and awarded to distinguished physicists in recognition of their accomplishments in physics and the impact that they have made.
Among many benefits, membership provides:
- Print and digital issues of Physics World, our monthly flagship magazine
- Professional development opportunities through Chartership and Professional Recognition
- Discounted rates for IOP conferences
- Opportunities to meet employers at our careers events and gain an advantage in the job market
- Access to over 51 special interest groups
- Support for your interests and career aspirations through volunteering and networking
- Online resources through our Career and Professional Development Hub
- Money saving opportunities on cinema tickets, books, NUS card and travel.
Find out more and apply online at iop.org/join.