Job title: Trainee physics Teacher
Location: London, Hastings, Birmingham
Working pattern: Full Time
Salary: Up to £28,000
Who are we?
Ark Teacher Training is a school based Teacher Training programme that allows graduates and career changers to learn from some of the best teachers and leaders in the profession. You’ll be based in a school from day one, having an impact straight away.
Ark aims to tackle educational disadvantage by ensuring all young people, regardless of their background, have access to excellent teaching. Our ‘outstanding’ (Ofsted, 2017) teacher training programme gives the best graduates and career changers the chance to make a difference where it matters most and start a successful and rewarding career in teaching.
How is the programme structured?
Unlike a university-based PGCE, you will be based in a school of your choice spending the whole academic year with your students watching them progress, as well as seeing your own development. The programme provides the perfect balance of theory and practice and at the end of your first year you’ll have achieved the following:
- (Qualified Teacher Status)
- (postgraduate certificate in education) in your chosen teaching subject
- 60 credits towards a Master’s degree
You will then have the opportunity to progress onto our highly supportive NQT programme to continue developing your skills
What support is available to me during the programme?
Teacher training can be challenging, but the Ark Teacher Training team and wider network will support you including:
- In-school coach
- Weekly training sessions
- Ark Teacher Training tutor
- Peer-to-peer support
- have a grade C or above in Maths and English language GCSE
- hold (or will hold) an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) prior to beginning your Initial Teacher Training
- have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the programme
- not currently hold Qualified Teacher Status