QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Theoretical/Applied Physicist with a focus on the RF/microwave bands of the EM spectrum, to join a leading Global Defence Technology & Security organisation. You will work within the Applied Sciences business unit based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
You will be a part of the RF Physics team (Signatures and Comms) within the Electromagnetics & Acoustics Group and, through your experience of modelling and wave propagation, will be actively involved in delivering the design of stealth materials. The role is ideally suited to an EM physicist with experience in numerical and analytical modelling techniques.
The responsibilities will include:
Requirements & Essential Qualifications:
- Delivery of high quality analytical and numerical data analysis and interpretation to project leads/Customers
- Support to the project managers to deliver the schedule on of time and within budget
- Providing advice and guidance to the Integrated Delivery Teams (IDTs) on all aspects of theoretical and numerical modelling of materials, measurements and energy propagation.
- Appropriate technical or scientific qualifications, for example Degree/PhD or similar.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the design of metamaterials
- Good analytical skills, as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations
- Ability to apply theoretical principles and concepts to a range of projects; resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions based on experience and precedents
- Experience of writing technical reports or papers and technical communication.
- Demonstrable expertise in the domain of electromagnetics relating to RF control and propagation, such as RF transmission, reflection and absorption optimisation
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis for RF electromagnetic concepts
Successful applicants will need a security clearance which will be applied for when a job offer is accepted