Electronic Device Engineer: Measurement & Characterization
Bluefors designs and manufactures state-of-the-art ultra-low temperature cooling systems for scientific research. We need people who want to be part of progress and use their expertise to help deliver Bluefors systems to cutting-edge research fields, such as quantum computing and nanotechnology. Our head office is in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki. The markets for our high-tech products are constantly growing and currently we employ 150 professionals from 18 different nationalities.
We are looking for people with a mind-set for high quality and professionalism and a capability to work in an international growth company. You will get the opportunity to develop yourself with challenging and varying tasks and grow with the company in a high-tech environment. We offer competitive benefits package and a flexible working environment. Bluefors is a non-smoking workplace.
Background and job description
Bluefors Oy has an immediate vacancy for a device engineer or physicist in the area of quantum hardware research and development (R&D). Bluefors is the leading manufacturer of millikelvin cryogenic systems for quantum computing. The successful applicant will work within a world-class R&D environment to directly support the commercialization of state-of-the-art quantum computing systems. The successful applicant will perform hands-on innovative measurements of electrical components, hardware, and cryogenic systems.
- MSc degree in physics, electrical engineering, computer engineering, radio engineering, microwave engineering, or closely related field.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in electrical test and measurement as evidenced by one or more successful projects, internships, or peer reviewed articles.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot challenging technical problems.
- High level of technical competence in dc or rf electrical devices, applied electromagnetics, sensors, and/or interconnects.
- Strong work ethic and ability to perform electrical measurements independently. Good interaction and cooperation skills.
- Passion for building and improving complex and cutting-edge electrical systems and experimental apparatuses.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org the following application materials:
- >3 years of experience in microwave-frequency measurement applications; knowledge of microwave calibration techniques.
- >3 years of experience working in a cryogenics laboratory
- Proficiency in writing and troubleshooting data acquisition software in languages such as Python, Matlab, C, or LabView.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in one or more of the following areas: superconducting devices, microwave devices, magnetic devices, nanotechnology, semiconductors, SQUIDs, single-electron devices, low noise electronics, amplifiers, cables, filters, MEMS, or qubits.
- Basic knowledge of quantum computing systems, hardware, measurement techniques, and current challenges is desirable.
- - CV
- - Cover letter: A one page summary of your key qualifications and motivation for applying
- - References and salary expectation
The interviews will be held already during the process and the position is filled once a suitable candidate is found.
For more information contact: Russell.email@example.com