We invite applications in all areas of physics for several open positions.
Female researchers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Highly international and interdisciplinary research environment
- State-of the art facilities and a wide range of scientific support services, in particular a newly established nanofabrication facility with dedicated support staff
- Competitive start-up package and salary
- Guaranteed annual base funding
- Support for acquiring third-party funds
- Wide portfolio of career support
- Child-care facilities and support on campus
IST Austria (www.ist.ac.at) is an international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural, mathematical, and computational sciences. The Institute fosters an interactive, collegial, and supportive atmosphere, sharing space and resources between research groups whenever possible, and facilitating cross-disciplinary collaborations. Our PhD program involves a multi-disciplinary course schedule and rotations in research groups. We hire scholars from diverse international backgrounds and our working language is English. The campus of IST Austria is located close to Vienna, one of the most livable cities in the world.
Assistant professors receive independent group-leader positions with an initial contract of six years, at the end of which they are reviewed by international peers. If the evaluation is positive, an assistant professor is promoted to a tenured professor.
Candidates for tenured positions are distinguished scientists in their respective research fields and have at least six years of experience in leading a research group.
Please apply online at: www.ist.ac.at/jobs/faculty/
The closing date for applications is October 31, 2019.
IST Austria values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity.