Durham Magneto Optics Ltd is a high-tech company, specialising in the design and manufacture of advanced laboratory instrumentation for scientific researchers working in nanotechnology, optics, microelectronics, biotechnology and advanced materials. We are located close to Cambridge, UK. We wish to recruit a PhD-level Applications Scientist to provide specialised scientific knowledge to all parts of the sales cycle, including finding new applications of our instruments, evaluating technical performance of instruments in production and after on-site installation as well as working with new end-users to help them develop experimental protocols for their own materials. A full description of the job can be found at http://www.durhammagnetooptics.com/news/
The successful candidate must have:
· a PhD in experimental physics or materials science;
· a proven track record of publishing papers in international peer-reviewed scientific journals and reporting findings at international peer-reviewed scientific conferences;
· practical experience of photolithography and high vacuum thin film deposition techniques;
· experience of using commercial scientific equipment in photolithography, high vacuum thin film deposition or magneto-optical magnetometry. This work must have included both hands-on interactions with the equipment and liaising with vendors and external service personnel.
Preference will be given to candidates who :
· have experience of working in scientific institutions beyond the UK as the role will involve international travel and liaising with researchers and engineers across the world;
· can speak, read and write fluent Spanish and English as South America is a growing market for us;
· have experience of CAD software.
Salary is between £30,000 - £40,000 gross pa.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to Ian Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August.