Your functions will include:
- Writing and editing content for a range of communication products including the CERN website, press releases, videos, animations, exhibition content, the CERN Courier magazine and the CERN Annual Report.
- Liaising with the CERN community and the particle-physics community around the world to gather material.
- Advising international contributors on the scientific accuracy, use of language and readability of content.
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience of working as a particle physicist in a national or international laboratory.
- Experience of journalism or scientific publishing.
- Proven track record in written science communication, ideally with several years of experience at an international level.
- Ability to transform scientific information into terms that can be understood by non-specialist audiences.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Science writing, scientific popularization.
- Text editing and proof-reading: scientific information and document management.
- Information content publishing.
- Project management.
The language competencies required are:
- Excellent command of the English language, especially in writing and editing. Basic knowledge of French language or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 17.05.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.