An ambitious technical Sales Manager with experience of leading international sales teams, developing process driven sales systems and generating capital equipment sales is required at a high technology instrumentation company. Joining as International Sales Manager, the candidate will be a key member of the Senior Management Team, using their insight to guide strategic business decisions and deliver solid businesses growth.
Based in Oxfordshire, this market leading high-tech company are firmly established and growing strongly. In particular, their market leading bespoke laser and micro-machining systems are in high demand. These are capital systems -typical cost between £200k -£1m. To compliment this they also offer a more affordable in-house laser micro machining & manufacturing service which is rapidly gaining popularity and has potential for significant further growth. Their global customer base ranges from academic research institutions though to medical device, automotive, FMCG and Semiconductor industries -and beyond.
To build upon its success, the company want to hire an experienced international Technical Sales Manager to structure the existing sales function and to develop new markets -both at home and internationally - with a particular emphasis on the USA.
This is a highly technical sales role and the Sales Manager will need to be technically literate in order to understand the clients' needs -although you will call upon the engineering and scientific resources of the company to develop potential solutions. However, whilst knowledge of lasers would be beneficial it is not essential -experience in related areas such as electronic instrumentation, high-tech manufacturing systems, optics, etc would be of definite interest and can form the basics while you familiarise yourself with the specifics of the products and services they sell.
This is an exceptional role for an ambitious and driven Technical Sales Manager and in return the company are offering a highly competitive salary, commission and benefits package. To learn more about the company, position and package please contact Alex at Vector Recruitment.
Technical Sales Manager -Person Specification
- Degree qualified, preferably in science or engineering.
- The ability to travel internationally, sometimes at short notice.
- Experience of technical sales of high value capital goods / services
- Experience of managing an international sales team
- Experience of creating & maintaining sales processes to drive growth in a high tech business.
- Ability to command the respect of customers' engineers and our in-house technical experts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Candidates will need a valid driving licence
- Experience of international sales and business practices in the US
- Experience of selling services or sub-contract services in addition to capital goods.
- Experience establishing and managing international distributors and agents.
Job Title: International Sales Manager
Vacancy location: Oxfordshire (commutable from Oxford, Abingdon, Reading, Newbury, Bicester, Swindon, High Wycombe, etc)
Salary: Excellent -the company are looking for an exceptional candidate and will reward them accordingly with an upper quartile package!