US ITER Instrumentation and Controls Lead Software Engineer / NB50620602
Oak Ridge, TN (Greater Knoxville area)
Visit https://www.ornl.gov/careers to apply direct to this position.
US ITER is a DOE Office of Science project hosted by Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee. Partner labs are Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory and Savannah River National Laboratory. The US is a partner nation in ITER, an
unprecedented international collaboration of scientists and engineers working to design, construct, and assemble a burning plasma experiment that can demonstrate the scientific and technological feasibility of fusion power for the commercial power grid. ITER's other partners are the People's Republic of China, the European Union, India, Japan, the Republic of Korea, and the Russian Federation. Involvement in ITER provides significant benefits for the US for a limited investment (less than 10% of construction costs): The US has access to all ITER technology and scientific data, the right to propose/conduct experiments, and the opportunity for US universities, laboratories and industries to design and construct parts.
The US ITER Lead Instrumentation and Controls Software Engineer will lead the design and development of the US ITER I&C software scope for the Tokamak Cooling Water System (TCWS), Vacuum, Ion Cyclotron Heating, Electron Cyclotron Heating, Pellet Injection and Diagnostic Residual Gas Analyzer systems.
* Responsible for the execution of US ITER I&C technical software scope.
* Ensure software technical and QA compliance.
* Serve as US ITER I&C software point-of-contact.
* Lead software system architecture development.
* Initiate collaborative development and engage in development activities as a contributor.
* Initiate software procurements and framework agreement task orders.
* Develop SOW’s and technical specifications.
* Provide oversight of software related procurements and task orders.
* Foreign and domestic travel is required for his role.
* Attendance at remote conferencing during non-standard work hours is required for this role.
* Ensures compliance with environment, safety, health, and quality program requirements.
* Maintains a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of values and ethics.
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline is required.
* Minimum of 10 years of software development.
* Minimum of one year of experience as software team leader.
* Demonstrated record of collaborative software development.
* An up-to-date knowledge in related scientific data collection, data management, and data analysis concepts.
* Understanding of reliable software design practices including configuration control, verification and validation.
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to be able to interact effectively on a diverse international project.
* M.S. in science or engineering and 12+ years of experience preferred.
* Previous experience developing EPICS based software for scientific user facilities.
* Experienced in coordination of work assignments including managing task orders for framework software support contracts and collaborative development.
Work Directions and Interfaces
Reports to the US I&C Group Leader. Interface with I&C subsystem leads, US system TRO's, and corresponding subsystem IO counterparts. Work with US DA QA and procurement groups. This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word(.doc, .docx), Excel(.xls, .xlsx), PowerPoint(.ppt, .pptx), Adobe(.pdf), Rich Text Format(.rtf), HTML(.htm, hmtl) and text files(.txt) up to 2MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify Employer.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory offers an exceptional benefits package to include a generous relocation, matching 401K, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation and medical / dental plan. Onsite amenities include Credit Union, Medical Clinic and free fitness facilities.
Additional inquiries can be made to Steve Cherry, Recruiter, US ITER / Oak Ridge National Laboratory: email@example.com or (865) 356-6827