We have been asked to find an experienced Data Scientist interested in a career encompassing a wide variety of fascinating projects and a broad spectrum of technologies for an award-winning Technology Development Consultancy based in Cambridgeshire.
An expert in algorithm design and data analytics, the Data Scientist will wear be a key figure in the group. They will be a Technical Specialist, Project Manager & Mentor for complex applications ranging from novel sensing technologies, machine learning and AI through to intelligent industrial automation systems and beyond.
This is a career move - an excellent opportunity to be a key figure in the creation of new technical solutions for a wide range of highly varied projects without the limitations of being tied to one product or market sector. The company offer exceptional personal & career development with promotion purely on merit, plus excellent financial rewards including a competitive basic salary, bonus and excellent benefits package .
- As Senior Data Scientist, you will use your excellent analytical skills to understand project requirements and drivers. You will anticipate technical challenges while contributing to, and leading complex technology development projects.
- You will have commercial acumen in addition to technical ability together with the personality to collaborate with both clients and other engineers on projects.
- You may also take a project management role leading the team to deliver the whole programme.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Postgraduate degree ( MSc, MA, MMath, PhD etc) in mathematics, computer science, physics or related highly numerate discipline
- Proven technical leadership in a commercially driven environment
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Experience of implementing analytical algorithms in software such as C/C++, C# and mathematical tools such as MatLab
- A creative, problem solving mind
Additionally, one or more of the following would be beneficial:
- Doctoral degree in mathematics, computer science or related discipline
- Team leadership or project management experience
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistics
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Salary - Excellent package negotiable based on merit
Benefits - Exceptional including Bonus and Relocation Assistance if required.