We are looking for a commercially astute Physicist with an established career in new product development for a key senior / lead position within an award winning product development consultancy in Cambridgeshire.
This is a key position. The Physicist will provide technical project management and technical insight to a breadth of innovative technology development projects. Recent projects have included Medical Devices (Drug Delivery, Inhalation, diagnostic, surgical systems etc), Consumer Goods, Robotics, Industrial Machinery but there is no limit to who they can provide their technical expertise to or the problems they can solve.
What can the company offer you?
- A varied and interesting career working in a fast paced project based environment developing new market and life changing technologies.
- Exceptional career development opportunities
- A very competitive basic salary and an exceptional bonus and benefits package.
If you have a background in the development of technologies or systems incorporating (for example) sensors, analogue and digital electronics, precision mechanical components, optics, embedded software and other aspects of product design and want a chance to not only grow your career but thrive in it this could be the position for you.
To be considered for the role of Senior Physicist you need the following:
- A Masters (MPhys MSc MPhil MRes) or Doctorate (PhD/EngD/DPhil) in Physics, Engineering or Electronics or closely related subject.
- A Undergraduate degree Bachelors (BSc/BEng/BA) 2.1 or above
Skills & Experience:
- Strong mathematical skills
- Imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and to develop solutions for interesting and
- complex problems
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Experience in the practical application of at least one branch of Applied Physics (for example, Optics and Electromagnetism, Fluid Dynamics or Condensed Matter Physics)
- Project Management skills (particularly at Principal Physicist level)
In addition, any experience of the following will also be beneficial:
- Electronics design -ideally a mix of digital and analogue for sensor interfacing etc
- Optical component and system design
- Experience of using Python, MATLAB or other programming languages
- Experience with any simulation design / CAD tools for example Solidworks, Zemaz or ANSYS
Job Title: Senior Physicist -dependent on experience levels
Salary : Highly competitive based on the candidates experience
Employee Benefits - Exceptional
Vacancy Location: Cambridgeshire