Reference No.: EM 2017/12
The Institute of Methods for Material Development has a vision of a complete characterization of the molecular – electronic and nuclear – structure of matter for an understanding of the nature of bonding interactions and chemical reactivity. With experimental tools that reveal such information and supporting calculations, we can quantify the charge and energy transfer processes associated with chemical change. Moreover, such information can be directly applied to systematically engineer molecular structure and yield desirable material properties.
• Group leader (PhD, master and bachelor students)
• X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy in Energy and Time Domain for Materials in Liquids and at Interfaces under Ambient Conditions
• Operating a state-of-art SOL3 endstation for time and angel resolved photoelectron spectroscopy for liquid micro-jet and solid/liquids as well as liquid/gas interfaces using the soft X-ray synchrotron facility BESSY
• You will manage and provide the support of external and internal users
• You will link the research activities with the under construction time resolved PES using High harmonic generation
• PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science or a related field
• Substantial experience in installation and commissioning of PES using
• Substantial experience in performing research activities using PES
in soft X-ray regime
• Experience of handling soft X-ray beamline
• Experience and understanding of data treatment software including modeling
• Excellent communication skills in English language
• Abilities for writing own scientific articles
• Very good team player with experience as group leader
What we offer
The employment contract is unlimited. The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German civil service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application until April 7 of 2017 by using the e-Recruitment Portal on the intranet (https://recruitingapp-5181.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/526/Application/New/1).
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Mr. Prof. Dr. Emad Flear Aziz
phone: +49 30 8062 15003