A new opportunity for an experienced Technical Business Development Manager has arisen at this high-technology instrumentation company based in Cambridgeshire.
This exciting new role has been created within the company's innovative Nanoinstruments division. The focus of the position is to harness the potential of the company's novel graphene based nanotechnology and its ability to transform the thin film semiconductor sector.
The Business Development Manager will manage the business development team with the aim of achieving growth in sales, product margin and customer service through market research, customer visits and demonstrations. This will also include developing new technical concepts to meet customers' requirements, providing roadmaps and MRS, business forecasts and securing funded R&D projects.
This is an exceptional time to join a company on the forefront of science with a truly innovative new instrumentation technology that will revolutionise the semiconductor industry -and beyond. The company is growing strongly and they want an ambitious Business Development Manager who can continue to drive this expansion even further.
There are exceptional opportunities for personal development and career progression as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
To be considered for the role of Technical Business Development Manager you need the following:
- An excellent degree (BEng, MEng, BSc, MChem, MPhys, MSci etc ) in Engineering, Materials or Science discipline (Physics, Physical Chemistry, Materials Science, Materials Engineering etc).
- Relevant experience in Technical Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development
- Project Management and supervisory skills
- Knowledge or experience of nanotechnology such as CVD or PE-CVD type coating systems
- Knowledge of semiconductor processing or graphene technologies is not essential but would be highly beneficial
- Experience of High Vacuum Systems, Pneumatics / Gas Control Systems and Process Automation an advantage
- Professional registration with a relevant engineering body encouraged
- Ideally, experience working to ISO9001
Job Title: Technical Business Development Manager
Vacancy Location: Cambridgeshire (commutable from Cambridge, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Stevenage, Bedford or Ely,etc)
Keywords: process development. Vapor Deposition / Chemical Vapour Deposition, MOCVD, CVD or PECVD. Organometallic vapour phase epitaxy (OMVPE) or metalorganic chemical vapour deposition ( MO-CVD ). Thin Films or Sputtering for Semiconductor Processing.