Institute Conference Organiser
We are looking for an organised and proactive team player to join our Science and Innovation department as a Conference Organiser in the Conferences team.
- Organising multi-day conferences and one-day meetings including: liaising with Organising and Programme Committees and other organisers
- Liaising with invited speakers and VIP guests
- Preparing and working to the conference budget
- Organising the creation of promotional material
- Managing event logistics
- Off-site management of the conference
- Working with organisers and appropriate staff to identify sponsorship opportunities
- Dealing with written and telephone enquiries relating to all forthcoming conferences and meetings organised by the department
Further tasks and responsibilities are detailed within the job description.
We are looking for a highly organised and dependable person to join the Institute as a Conference Organiser. You should be a strong negotiator and influencer, and great at organisation and project management. You will have the ability to proofread and edit text and you will also be computer-literate.
The successful candidate will have experience of organising events/residential conferences in a similar field, which will include liaising with venues and budget management.
The Institute of Physics is a charity that works to support all those who share a passion for physics. We have been inspiring the physics community and beyond for more than 140 years through our network of members in the UK, Ireland and internationally. Our work encourages people to develop their interest in physics, whether in the classroom, in colleges and universities, in businesses, or at home. We do this by breaking traditional boundaries and crossing into the arts, sport and innovation.
This is an exciting time to join the team in our central London office. As we move into the next phase of our five-year strategy, which will include our move to the heart of the redevelopment in King’s Cross, close to partners such as Wellcome and Google, we are seeking new talent to help us create a contemporary organisation that is fit for the future.
Salary: £26,173 – £27,481
Hours: Full time
Closing date for applications: Sunday 2 April 2017
Interviews to be held: Tuesday 18 April 2017
For further information on this role and to apply please visit the IOP Jobs website.
The Institute kindly requests no contact from recruitment agencies regarding this role.