The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines is a laser facility that is currently being commissioned in Dolní Brežany (on the southern border of Prague), Czech Republic; its first experiment operation is scheduled for end of 2017. ELI source will deliver ultrashort, ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds with an un-precedent combination of high intensity and repetition rate. It will make available a unique combination of synchronized beams from the primary lasers and secondary sources for a wide range of interdisciplinary applications
in physics, chemistry, medicine, biology and material science.
We are seeking physicists experienced in laser-driven plasma theory and simulations to join our team at Dolní Brežany near Prague. The goal of the team is to design, build and commission a compact laser-driven undulator X-ray (LUX) source, which is developed in collaboration with University of Hamburg and the DESY laboratory. The LUX will provide soft X-ray photon pulses generated by electrons accelerated in a laser-driven plasma target. These photon pulses will serve user experiments and shall achieve challenging stability as close as possible to classical synchrotron sources. The LUX is also an essential development step towards much brighter laser-driven Free
Electron Laser (FEL). As part of the team, you will focus on the laser-driven plasma electron acceleration target and contribute to understanding in great detail the electron acceleration process through particle-in-cell and other simulations and theoretical studies, participate on interpretation of data measured by plasma target
diagnostics and research and develop novel higher precision plasma diagnostic methods and higher quality electron acceleration schemes applicable for the upcoming FEL project. You will be involved in intense collaboration of the team with University of Hamburg and other world leading institutes.
Position: Senior Physicist at ELI-Beamlines for Laser-driven Plasma Simulations and Theory
Group: Laser-driven Undulator X-ray source
We are seeking physicists with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- PhD in plasma physics or equivalent
- Knowledge of laser-plasma driven electron beam accelerators
- In-depth experience of at least one Particle-in-cell code for laser plasma physics
- Well experienced in Python and/or C++ programming languages
- Extensive knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Linux OS
- Scientific computing and computational physics.
- Numerical schemes and algorithms
- Data processing and visualization
- Knowledge in computational fluid dynamics would be an assessment
- The opportunity to participate on highly interesting scientific project at the frontiers of the research with high application impact for society.
- Career growth, professional education.
- Competitive and motivating salary.
- 5 weeks of holidays and other employee benefits.
- Pleasant work environment.
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 - 601560322). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll.(Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i. , Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.