We are recruiting for a highly-skilled Systems Development Engineer to develop and integrate control / instrumentation subsystems for next generation laser systems. Ideally you will have experience working as an Automation / Controls development engineer or a Laser Systems development Engineer working with Lasers/Optics or other photonics/electro-optics subsystems within a component manufacturer or system integrator company. You will be joining a world leading Oxford based company who designs and manufactures exceptionally advanced Laser technology and systems. You will be offered excellent training, salary, career development and a really nice environment to work in. Plus some super exciting technology to develop!
This is a wide-ranging role in the development, implementation and support of advanced laser technology in a diverse, dynamic and exciting environment. You primary role will be designing, developing, integrating and validating electro/opto-mechanical components and modules to be used in laser processing or high speed imaging products.
Requirements for Systems Development Engineer
* BSc degree or higher in Electronics or Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Laser/Optics Technology, Physics, or equivalent practical experience. A laser instrumentation related postgraduate qualification (MSc, PhD) would be an advantage.
* In-depth technical understanding of at least one related areas such as: Electrical and Control/Automation Engineering, Lasers, advanced optical beam delivery
* Knowledge of some of the following would be an advantage:
- motion control hardware integration e,g, CNC tables, controllers, amplifiers, motors, galvanometer or other optical scanners
- industrial imaging techniques for OEM integration including machine vision and advanced imaging analysis techniques
- graphical user interface machine control software development
- robotics, industrial automation, sensors/actuators
- electronic test, analytical instrumentation and measurement equipment
- laser micromachining
- integration and test of complex laser systems
* Proficient with programming in .NET, C++, MATLAB, Python
* Excellent oral communication, technical writing and presentation skills
Job Location - Oxford
Salary - £35,000 - £45,000
Commutable from - Oxford, Didcot, Abingdon, Witney, Newbury, Reading, Bicester
Applications Engineer - System Development Engineer - Automation - Robotics - Machine Vision - Advanced image processing - motion control - High Speed Optical Scanning devices - Galvanometer - Electro Optics - Laser Manufacturing - Laser Imaging - Optical Systems