Based in modern offices and labs south of Cambridge, our client is a scientific team developing innovative desktop / stand-alone instrumentation used by pharma and biotech companies for drug discovery. They are expanding their Engineering Group and are looking for a Physicist Engineer to join them. Key activities will involve design, construction and integration of optical, electro-mechanical and software systems, hence a strong ability to problem solve on multidisciplinary projects is required.
- 1st / 2.1 degree in physics / engineering from a top ranked university.
- MEng / MSc or PhD working on hands-on experimental engineering projects (prototyping, test-rig development).
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
Skills / Experience Requirements:
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and physics principles ideally evidenced on relevant project work.
- Experience with optical, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Hands-on use of CAD (ideally SolidWorks).
- Experience with instrumentation interfacing software (C / C++, LabVIEW, or MATLAB). Experience with sensors and actuators would be desirable.
- Experience with microfluidics would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate should be a natural problem solver and who would thrive under pressure to meet project deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on novel development projects, building on your physics / engineering knowledge and applying them to a real world product. In return, there is also an excellent remunerations package. Career development is important to the company, and they will support you with them.
Masters / PhD / PostDoc, Prototyping, Test-Rigs, Optics, Electro-Mechanical, CAD, MATLAB / LabVIEW, Microfluidics, Instrumentation, Life Sciences, Drug Discovery