The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large user and research facilities. ELI-Beamlines, as a cutting edge facility, is currently being constructed in Prague, Czech Republic. ELI will provide for both
fundamental and applied research sources (beamlines) of energetic photons and charged particles accelerated or generated in laser-driven plasma under extremely high intensities of electromagnetic fields.
The theory and simulation group wants to reinforce their activities in the field of macroscopic laser-plasma interaction and its simulation. This is of importance to pre-pulse physics for highpower laser-matter interaction as well as for inertial confinement fusion.
The work is supposed to prepare and accompany experiments planned at international highintensity laser facilities and help to define the research program for ELI-Beamlines.
In our team we therefore have the following position available:
Junior scientist for macroscopic laser-plasma interaction
- Macroscopic simulations of laser-plasma interaction are essential for a detailed understanding of the underlying physics on macroscopic spatial scales and temporal scales
- This requires the development of accurate models for transport processes of particles and photons, correct laser absorption models and accounting for possible backscattering.
- The work will require to develop these new models in collaboration with other groups locally and internationally and to incorporate them in numerical simulation tools.
- PhD in theory/simulation of hot plasmas
- Experience with simulation work and code development
- Good analytical skills
- Very good working knowledge of English
- Previous experience in laser-plasma interaction studies would be a plus
- Experience with one or more programming languages (C, C++, Fortran)
- The opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- Career growth, professional education
- Competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 - 601560322). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll. (Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.