As HDL Developer you will:
- Take responsibility for the design, evolution and support of the HDL code (mostly VHDL) in various key components of the accelerator control system.
- Identify areas for improvement and propose solutions, including the development of new HDL and auxiliary software components, and the adoption of new technologies.
- Collaborate with controls and data acquisition teams around CERN and support them, for the integration of standard BE-CO-HT hardware and HDL solutions into complete systems.
- Take a leading role in all activities related to quality assurance for HDL components in the section, such as tools, design flow, testing, documentation, packaging and distribution.
- Participate in the operational support of all the deployed solutions in the domain of distributed controls and data acquisition hardware.
- Document and present your work as appropriate.
Master's degree in the field of electronics, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in and extensive knowledge of programmable logic design using Hardware Description Languages, VHDL in particular.
- Demonstrated experience in automated testing and verification of complex HDL components.
- Experience in design and development of Printed Circuit Boards, including component selection, schematics entry and layout would be an advantage;
- Experience in radiation-tolerant design of electronics and techniques to measure and increase reliability would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Design of electronics based on field programmable logic-based devices (FPGA): knowledge of the Xilinx design tools would be an advantage.
- Digital circuit design, modelling and simulation.
- Programming/software development: experience in software development in C and Python. knowledge of embedded Linux and device driver development would be an advantage.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English: ability to understand and speak English in professional contexts.
- Abilty to draw-up technical specifications and scientific reports and to make oral presentations.
- The knowledge of the French language or the willingness to acquire this rapidly would be an advantage.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 02.04.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
This position requires:
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.