A multi-award winning photonics technology company are looking for a PhD Scientist ( Physicist or Electronics Engineer ) with a background in Lasers, Optics & Photonics to join their team as a Project Specialist.
Working within the innovations group, the Physicist / Project Specialist will assist the Project Manager to co-ordinate a number of high value research projects in the field of Lasers / Photonics. Current projects range from fundamental physics research through to the R&D of quantum technologies, gas detectors, threat detection systems and photonics based instrumentation for the biomedical field. But that is just a glimpse of the innovative research this company are undertaking on a day-to-day basis!
The company are highly regarded and as a result are very successful and growing strongly. They require an ambitious Physicist or Engineer to act as Project Specialist / Technical Project Co-ordinator and who wants to be part of forward thinking team dedicated to innovation. The company offer exceptional career & personal development opportunities and of course an exceptional salary and benefits package.
To be considered for the role of Product Specialist / Physicist you need the following:
- A PhD (Doctorate / DPhil / EngD ) in a Scientific Discipline ( Physics / Electronics / Photonics etc)
- Co-ordinating complex multi- stakeholder scientific projects
- Prior customer / client focused experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to analyse a wide range of data, structure thoughts well, draw robust conclusions, and communicate conclusions in a clear concise manner;
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Competence in MS Project desirable
- Ability to multi task and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast moving environment
- Ability to maintain a proactive, thorough and logical approach to responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks
Job Title: Project Specialist / Technical Project Co-ordinator
Vacancy Location - Glasgow
Salary - Highly competitive - likely to be in the range of £25-40K depending on experience