The international team of ELIBIO creates an interface between two complementary research centers of the Czech Academy of Sciences: the ELI-Beamlines facility near Prague, and the Institute of Biotechnology (IBT) of the BIOCEV Centre nearby. IBT is focused on biomedical and biotechnological research while the Institute of Physics and its ELI-Beamlines facility is a leader in photon physics with high-power lasers. Within the ELIBIO team ELI Beamlines is looking for a suitable candidate for the following position:
BIO-LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – EXPERIMENTAL PROGRAMMES
Suitable candidate will be responsible for:
- Cooperation in the design, construction and commissioning of a new biolaboratory for advanced research in life sciences (~400 m2) with other technical and administrative teams at ELI Beamlines
- Overseeing the installation and performing routine maintenance of main laboratory infrastructure equipment (freezers, biosafety cabinets, centrifuges ...)
- Installation of main research instruments and their routine maintenance
- Management of laboratory consumables and small laboratory equipment
- Communication with vendors and suppliers about technical matters related to the laboratory instrumentation and equipment
- General support of the scientific activities of the ELIBIO research team
- Cooperation with the team of research program 4 (applications in molecular, biomedical, and material sciences) and with other technical and scientific teams at ELI Beamlines.
- University degree in the areas of natural science or technology, or corresponding qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in working in biolaboratory environment
- Good general communication skills
- Fluency in both English and Czech
What we offer:
- The opportunity to participate in a unique scientific project
- Professional education
- Competitive and motivating salary
- Pleasant working environment
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 - 601560322). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details.
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll. (Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.