ADAM (Applications of Detector and Accelerators to Medicine) is a research company, inspired by CERN, working on R&D and production of accelerators for medical applications and is wholly owned by Advanced Oncotherapy plc. ADAM is head-quartered in Geneva; its offices and laboratories are based at CERN. ADAM is involved in a hadron-therapy project to build a proton accelerator up to 230 MeV.
The successful candidate is expected to define, implement and follow up developments and extensions of the SCADA system for the LIGHT control system.
Main activities are to
- gather requirements and elaborate designs for central control system concepts
- implement user interfaces for commissioning and operation
- implement scripts to control and monitor accelerator control systems
- definition and setup of alarming and backup in SCADA system
- prepare test cases and to execute commissioning with accelerator systems
- provide documentations such as user manuals
- follow-up of external developments in regards to the SCADA system
- assist in commissioning and installation activities in the final system.
- have a master degree in software engineering, computing or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of SCADA systems
- Experience in developments for ETM WinCC OA - definition of data point types, scripting and user interfaces
- Basic knowledge of version control systems
- Spoken and written knowledge of English with the ability to draw up technical texts. Fluent in English for speaking and writing
Following additional skills might be advantageous
- Experience using SCADA system in accelerator based projects
- Knowledge of development under Linux (Makefiles)
- Knowledge about C/C++ development on Linux
Interested candidates should initially submit
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we want to pursue your application further we will also require sight of:
- a master degree certificate,
- and arrange to have two letters of recommendations sent
For full consideration applications should be submitted by the 3rd February 2017.
The positions will remain open until filled. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.