ADAM (Applications of Detector and Accelerators to Medicine) is a research company, inspired by CERN, working on R&D and production of accelerators for medical applications. ADAM is head-quartered in Geneva; its offices and laboratories are based at CERN. ADAM is involved in a hadron-therapy project to build a proton accelerator up to 230 MeV.
The successful candidate is expected to assist the Head of Controls to define, implement and follow up configuration management and related activities for the development of the LIGHT Control System and LIGHT Interlock systems.
Main activities are to
- define, implement and maintain configuration management processes and plans
- define, implement and maintain continuous build and integration infrastructure
- manage the build process (Build Manager) and release process (Release Manager)
- automatize built, test and release processes
- write related documentation, i.e. process, plan and templates
- train and support developers in configuration and change management activities
- align configuration management activities with subcontractors
- have a master degree in software management, software engineering or equivalent
- at least 3 years of experience maintaining a software configuration management system
- experience in build tools on Linux and Windows, CMake and CPack
- experience in distributed source control systems, Git
- experience in build automation tools, Bamboo, Jenkins or Hudson
- experience in ticketing systems, Jira
- Spoken and written knowledge of English with the ability to draw up technical texts.
Following additional skills might be advantageous
- experience in setting up a (software) configuration management system from scratch
- knowledge of the Rational Unified Process and Enterprise Unified Process
- good understanding of quality control and test automation
- experience with Linux and Windows Scripting
- certificate or course for (software) configuration management. i.e. iNTCCM Certified Professional for Configuration Management
Interested candidates should submit
By email to Bridget Biggar firstname.lastname@example.org
If we want to pursue your application further we will also require sight of:
- a master degree certificate,
- and arrange to have two letters of recommendations sent
For full consideration applications should be submitted by the 3rd February 2017.
The positions will remain open until filled. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.