Our client seeks a talented, experienced manager of people and projects to lead their R&D team, collaborating with external partners in industry and academia, developing strategic software and data solutions across a diverse range of industries including aerospace and defence, automotive and research.
You will manage R&D funding, identify and assess potential partners, assemble consortia and submit research proposals. You will oversee R&D project managers as well as develop, hire and mentor R&D team members.
You will have:
• A PhD in materials science, engineering or a highly related field and a strong background in that field
• Proven people management skills and strong leadership ability, above and beyond leading a small research/project team
• A high degree of familiarity with one or more advanced and specialist software packages, and with computing in general – this is a software company, hence this is about mindset and capability rather than specific knowledge of a particular toolset
• Excellent interpersonal skills, forging strong professional relationships
• A track record of organising UK and EU framework funded research projects
• Proven project management skills, ideally within R&D funding frameworks
• Experience in the commercial and contractual aspects of R&D funding
• An organised approach, with good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
• The ability and inclination to travel on a regular basis (to collaborate with partners)
This is a full time, permanent role in Cambridge UK. Applicants require full existing permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship and excellent written and spoken technical and conversational English.