A new role for a senior / management level Process Development Engineer with a background in the design of novel manufacturing solutions for the high volume consumer goods and similar high throughput production, has arisen at a growing technology development company in Cambridgeshire.
Joining as a key figure in a newly development consumer goods team, the Principal Engineer / Manager will take a technical leadership role developing technical solutions for the manufacturing arm of the high volume FMCG consumer goods sector. Typical projects involve design of systems for handling liquids, gases or solvents -either as the product itself or involved in the production process. You will work on wide variety of projects from complex manufacturing process problems to the development / implementation of new equipment into the manufacturing environment. Every project is a new technical challenge. You will both lead and contribute technically to cutting edge projects and build upon your expertise, presence and reputation in the industry.
This is a challenging and highly rewarding role for ambitious senior manufacturing professional who desires a senior level position with management responsibilities without compromising the technically fascinating elements of Manufacturing Process engineering. The company offer an excellent cutting edge working environment, no glass ceiling and a highly competitive executive level salary package.
To be considered for the role of Principal Manufacturing Process Development Engineer you need the following:
- An excellent undergraduate degree 2.1 or higher in a relevant discipline such as Chemical Engineering / Physics / Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineering etc.
- Evidence of acting as a technical lead on novel manufacturing & production process projects
- Strong Project Management and man-management skills
- Experience of manufacturing process engineering for either the consumer goods industry or similar high volume produced goods.
- Experience of solving production issues in process and packaging
- Evidence of developing processes and equipment to improve quality and efficiency
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to create and nurture key industry/partner relationships.
Location - Cambridgeshire
Salary: totally negotiable depending on experience and seniority. Principal / Management level candidates are anticipated to start on around £60-80k, but the company have several vacancies and are also interested in speaking to less experienced Development Engineers / Physicists starting around £35k upwards for say a Post-Doc + 2yrs.
Benefits - exceptional including pension, life assurance, healthcare, bonus and relocation package.