We are looking for an experienced Development Engineer / Physicist with a background in developing medical instrumentation, or related devices, to join an expanding technology company in Cambridgeshire.
This is the perfect role for a senior Engineer / Physicist looking to broaden their horizons. The company actively encourage personal growth & skills development and wherever possible promote from within -with no glass ceiling. It is a position where ultimately your career will be determined by your own ambition.
As a key senior figure in a variety of cutting edge medical technology development projects, the Senior Development Engineer will act as both a technical lead & key technical contributor in a variety of Medical Device and Instrumentation projects. These are invariably highly complex devices / instrumentation incorporating aspects of optics, fluidics, novel materials and advanced sensing & measurement technologies.
To be considered for the role of Senior / Principal Development Engineer (Physicist) you need the following:
- An excellent degree 2.1 or higher and ideally a PhD in Physics, Natural Sciences or similar
- Experience developing complex scientific or medical instrumentation incorporating elements of Mechanical, Electronics and Software Engineering in addition to highly advanced Science.
- Experience of some of the following:
- Medical Device Development (ideally)
- Optical Engineering / Optics
- New Materials
- Sensing / Measurement technologies
- Algorithm development / Sensing
- Commercial product development
- Reliability Engineering
Job title: Senior Development Engineer / Principal Development Engineer ( Physicist )
Vacancy Location: Cambridgeshire
Salary: totally negotiable depending on experience and seniority. The company have several vacancies and are interested in speaking to Development Engineers / Physicists from Post-Doc + 2yrs (starting around £35k) to Principal / Management level (circa £70-80k)
Benefits - exceptional including pension, life assurance, healthcare, bonus and relocation package.
For more details about the role(s) and company please contact Alex at Vector Recruitment Ltd