As Software Development Engineer, you will join the team of CAD and PLM experts in the CERN CAD Service to:
- Participate in technical applications design, development and maintenance around the CAD and PLM tools. Typical application areas include; CAD Data Management, CAD and viewer automation, lifecycles, engineering related processes and configuration management, automated workflows, integration with other systems, tools to enhance data exchange in worldwide design collaborations.
- Assist CAD and PLM experts to formulate and implement applications requirements specifications, develop high level data and process model, design specifications, and test- and user- documentation.
- Design, develop and maintain utilizing object oriented, web-based, and RDBMS technology. The development languages and techniques include VB .NET, Java, SQL, HTML and other web technologies. It also includes using the languages of the application programming interfaces (APIs) of the commercial tools.
- Perform software code analysis, programming, software review, testing, delivery, and support.
Master's degree in the field of of software engineering, computer science, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in design, development, deployment and maintenance of complex systems, specifically in the domain of developing windows client applications, web applications and integration via web services.
- Experience with providing user support, as well as technical support in operation, configuration and troubleshooting of applications developed in-house or purchased from a vendor is desired.
- Experience with CAD tools, PLM systems or mechanical engineering in general is an asset.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Programming/Software development: creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs; software development processes and techniques.
- Solution architecture: design and development of complex software solutions.
- Application support: system maintenance, performance monitoring and user support.
The language competencies required are:
- English: spoken and written, with the ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports, and to make oral presentations. Basic knowledge of French or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 18.01.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require :
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.