We are looking for an ambitious Director/CxO level Programme / Project Manager who has a proven background in running high-tech development projects and business development. This is a highly important strategic hire which will see you as a pinnacle member of the management team of an award winning Technology Development Company based in Cambridgeshire. You will be key in influencing & driving forward new product design and innovation strategy; building and nurturing key relationships with CxO level professionals and winning new and exciting business opportunities to add to the companies already impressive portfolio.
Joining as a Management Consultant you will use your strong Project Management/Technical Management skills to lead and work alongside project teams on cutting edge complex technology development projects for exciting technology start-ups, niche SMES and well known global multinationals . You will use your background in product innovation and commercialisation to guide company strategy and your expertise in business development to network and deliver new business opportunities to further add to the company's impressive portfolio of clients.
This is the perfect role for someone who wants a Technical Management/Director level role that can still provide the challenge of "hands on" product development whist still being a key influencer in business strategy. There is no glass ceiling and career development and progression within the organisation is highly encouraged and actively supported. Your future is literally in your hands.
To be considered for the role of Managing Consultant you need the following:
- Essential, Bachelors degree 2.1 or higher in a Technical, Scientific or Engineering based discipline from a Russell Group University or similar.
- A strong background in Technical management (perhaps COO, CEO, CTO, R&D Manager, Technical Project Manager)
- Prior experience of leading complex projects
- An excellent background in new product development and the ability to lend technically to product development projects.
- Skill areas of particular interest -mechanical, electronics, mechatronics, software, applied physics
- Industry areas of particular interest - medical device, consumer products & devices, FMCG, machine design, wireless, high reliability, defence.
- The ability to develop key relationships at CxO level
- Proven ability to develop business relationships - generating sales
- The ability to set strategy
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent client management skills
- Broad knowledge of science and engineering -eg Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry or similar
- The ability to work with a broad demographic of people
Role - Managing Consultant
Previous roles - Technical Project Manager /Product Development Manager/Technical Manager/Director/CTO
Location - Cambridgeshire
Salary - CxO level package (up to six figures depending on experience)
Benefits - Extensive
Relocation - Available
Job Location: Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border (commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Newmarket, Stevenage, Bishops Stortford, Bedford,etc) plus national and international travel -a Full Driving Licence and current Passport are essential.