A very successful and award-winning space technology company have a new 6-12 Month contract for a Senior Product Assurance Engineer/PA Manager to support a space hardware development project for the international space industry. This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to be a key figure novel technology development projects based around the company's unique energy and instrumentation technologies.
Product Assurance Engineer/PA Manager
Contract Duration 6-12 Month
Division - SPACE
Location - Oxford area
Rate - Highly competitive
As Product Assurance Manager you will be responsible for the product assurance aspects of allocated space business projects from Response To Tender and Bid/Proposal through product design, manufacture and test to project close out and meeting project time scale objectives.
- Contribute Product Assurance requirements to bid documentation, pre-design reviews, manufacturing documents, completed design reviews, procurement activities, test readiness and product delivery reviews
- Be technically responsible for the production of PA documents including Materials, Process and Parts approval, FMECA / FDIR, Worst Case Analysis, Reliability, De-rating and Hazard assessments
- Manage project non-conformance reviews in line with ESA / NASA guidelines
- Authorise project documents, quality history records, certificates of conformance and end item data packs for PA
- Coordinate and contribute to internal readiness reviews (Manufacturing, Assembly, Test) including defining key inspection points and mandatory inspection points
- Inspect and verify receipt records, builds, close outs for non-conformances, key inspection points, mandatory inspection points, manufacturing wash-ups, calibration certificates, workmanship, cleanliness and fit for purpose for PA
- Participate in business improvement initiatives as a representative of the PA team
To be considered for the vacancy you would require the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of degree (Bachelors/BA/BSc/BEng/MEng) or similar (HNC/HND etc) in a technical discipline such as Materials Science, Physics, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior experience in a Product Assurance Management role within the space industry.
- Prior experience working in the Space Industry or other high reliability sector such as aerospace, defence, military, automotive etc. which would include:
- Product Assurance or technical responsibilities in related areas (materials, reliability, radiation susceptibility)
- Knowledge of Configuration Management and version control.
- Experience of customer facing Product Assurance / Quality Assurance role, including review and buy-off meetings
- Experience of Project Management
- A formal qualification such as PRINCE2 would be beneficial though not essential.
- Achieved membership of, or standard expected by, relevant professional bodies
- Application of modern problem solving and continuous improvement techniques
This is an exciting opportunity to join a world leading brand, working on interesting, innovative products. Whilst officially the role is a 6-12 month contract, we currently have someone on site in a similar role that has been contracting for 3.5 years now.
If this role is of interest, do not miss your chance by waiting until the New Year - apply today!