EBG MedAustron GmbH is currently building a state-of-the-art centre for ion beam therapy and research in Wiener Neustadt, Austria. After the centre’s completion, patients will be treated using proton and carbon ion radiation.
Heart of the centre is a synchrotron that produces the particle beam for the ion cancer treatments. Experts of many different fields work together to build and operate the accelerator. The Commissioning Department within the Therapy Accelerator Division is responsible for the commissioning of the facility from beam generation to beam delivery in the irradiation room, for both clinical treatments and non-clinical research.
You can become part of the multi-national commissioning team as a
Accelerator Physicist (f/m)
Full-time: 40 hours / week
Your tasks in this position include:
- Contributing to the beam commissioning of the accelerator complex, including participation in shifts and relative documentation
- Performing beam optics and dynamics simulations
- Contributing to the performance optimisation and future developments of the Therapy Accelerator
- Contributing to the risk management process and related quality management goals
- Participation in the commissioning and operation of the accelerator (which requires shift work 24/7 up to appr. 40%)
To succeed in this versatile position you will need to be an Accelerator Physicist with:
- Academic studies of physics completed with Master or PhD degree
- Previous experiences in accelerators physics is beneficial
- Experience in complex data analysis and numerical simulations
- Ideally experience in the use of accelerator design codes e.g. MAD-X
- Motivation to acquire new competences, to be able to support all the group’s activities (internal training will be provided)
If your are also:
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English
- Reliable, proactive and "hands-on"
- A team-worker and problem solver
- Communicative, flexible and analytical
- Working attentive and independently
then get in touch with us today!
For this position, a minimum remuneration of € 45,000 gross p.a. is offered, with the opportunity for a higher salary based on qualification and experience.
Please submit your complete online application (CV, application letter, references enclosed).