Professor Position / Research Fellow at State Key Lab of High Field Laser Physics, Shanghai Optics and Fine Mechanics Institute (SIOM)
The Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics (SIOM) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) was established in 1964. It is the earliest and largest institute in China specializing in laser science and technology. As a comprehensive high-tech modern optics and laser institute, SIOM mainly focuses on the frontiers of modern optical and laser science, the development of large-scale laser engineering and technology and laser and optoelectronic applications.
SIOM specializes in high-power laser technology, strong field physics, high-intensity optics, information optics, quantum optics, laser and optoelectronic devices, and optical materials, etc. SIOM seeks highly qualified candidates for full time faculty positions in the related fields.
The research of the State Key Lab of High Field Laser Physics in SIOM is focused on the laser physics, especially on the high field laser physics and related research frontiers, including:
- New generation physics and techniques for ultra-intense and ultra-short laser sources physics
- Experimental and theoretical research on laser physics under the extremely high field and ultrafast laser conditions
- Development and breakthrough of the novel frontiers in high field and high energy density physics
- Basic science in the strategic high technologies about ultra-short wavelength coherent emission based on ultra-intense and ultra-fast laser condition, laser fusion
- Related novel measurement methods and approaches and their applications in material, life, and information sciences, and so on.
- PhD in laser physics or related fields
- Solid background in related field, Ultrafast laser spectroscopy, Laser physics and technology, Plasma physics, X ray lasers, etc.
- Recommend candidates Thousand Youth Talents Plan Project or One Hundred Person Project C class of CAS.
The position will commence as soon as possible. Salary and benefits are competitive. The initial contract is for three years with the possibility for further extension.
Application package, containing cover letter, CV, three letters of recommendation, a list of publications and any other materials you consider relevant, should be sent to Ms. Lei Wang (email@example.com).
Application deadline: 30 Jun 2017