The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), an independent United Nations organization headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with more than 160 member states and a staff of 2,500, serving as the global focal point for international cooperation in the safe and peaceful use of nuclear technology, is seeking a Radiotherapy Medical Physicist (m/f) for the Dosimetry and Medical Radiation Physics Section. The Radiotherapy
Medical Physicist is a team member for the project on developments in the physical and technical aspects of radiotherapy, a technical expert supporting a project on quality auditing in dosimetry, a trainer and a knowledgeable adviser in medical physics for radiotherapy and the adaptation of new technologies of relevance to low and middle income countries.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• Doctorate Degree (or equivalent) in medical radiation physics or radiation dosimetry.
• Minimum of 7 years of clinical experience in radiotherapy physics.
• Experience in radiotherapy beam calibration and clinical dosimetry.
• Experience in clinical brachytherapy physics.
• Experience and practical skills in the physical and technical aspects of quality assurance in radiotherapy.
• Experience in education and training in medical physics.
• Demonstrated experience in project design, monitoring and implementation.
• Familiarity with and understanding of the specific needs and conditions of low and middle income countries in the field of radiotherapy physics.
To apply for this position, please submit an online application at
http://www.iaea.org/About/Employment before 31 December 2016,
selecting vacancy notice no. 2016/0669.
Benefits: The IAEA offers an attractive remuneration package including a tax-free annual net base salary starting at US $ 69,032.- (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance), a variable post adjustment which currently amounts to US $ 26,646.-*, dependency benefits, rental subsidy, education grant, relocation and repatriation expenses; 6 weeks‘ annual vacation, home leave, pension plan and health insurance.