ELI-Beamlines will be the high-energy, repetition-rate laser pillar of the pan-European ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) project. It will be an international facility for both academic and applied research, slated to provide user capability. The main objective of the ELI-Beamline Project is delivery of ultra-short high-energy laser pulses for the generation and applications of high-brightness short pulse X-ray sources and accelerated particles.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for the delivery of X-ray sources driven by ultrashort laser pulses and their integration into the ELI Beamlines facility. This will include responsibility for the following key activities:
1. Coordination of laser driven X-ray beamlines research and development team
2. Implementation of the laser driven X-ray beamlines project parts with respect to deadlines, staff, and technologies used
3. Coordination of interfacing between the laser driven X-ray beamlines research and development team
4. Cooperation and coordination of the development of the laser driven X-ray beamlines team with the laser team and potential facility users
5. Preparation and coordination of technical specifications for procurement of laser driven X-ray beamlines technology and diagnostics
6. Responsibility for close cooperation, in the field of laser driven X-ray beamlines development, with other European research centres and commercial subjects
7. Independent scientific research and publishing, participating in conferences
The candidates are expected to comply with the following requirements:
1. PhD in the field of laser plasma physics. PhD in the field of X-ray sources driven by ultrashort laser pulses powers would be of particular asset
2. Post-doc in laser driven X-ray sources would be a plus
3. Working experience of minimum 5 years in the field of laser driven X-ray sources with an excellent record of publications in this field in international peer reviewed
4. Working experience in management of a larger research group
5. Excellent management and organizational skills
6. Ability of strategic planning and visioning
7. Team player, flexible with “can do” attitude
8. Ability to effectively cooperate with scientists from foreign and domestic institutes
9. Willing to travel and English language on a very good level (written and spoken)
Applicants should provide their CV and cover letter (in English) along with a complete list of publications. They should single out 5 most important publications with the description of their contribution.
Applicant´s professional profile and experience should demonstrate their ability to scientifically lead Research Programme 2 in accordance with the ELI Whitebook. Knowledge of at least one additional European language is a bonus.
1. Unique opportunity of professional development within a large pan-European research project
2. Motivating salary package
3. Pleasant working environment
ELI Beamlines, Institute of Physics ASCR, Dolní Břežany, Czech Republic
Until 31.12. 2017, renewable, possibility of extension
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 - 601560322). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll. (Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of
employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.
The deadline for applications is open. All candidates will be given feedback within about a month. Relevant candidates will be invited to a video conference, final interviews will be held in person.