A doctoral training programme in fusion energy, including materials, instrumentation and plasma science
With support from EPSRC, Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, AWE and the Central Laser Facility, the Universities of Durham, Liverpool, Manchester, Oxford and York have formed the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in the Science and Technology of Fusion Energy.
With ITER under construction and the operation of NIF in the US, fusion energy is entering an exciting new era. We work with world-leading facilities, including JET, MAST, Orion and the Central Laser Facility, while our Low Temperature Plasma research is linked with major international companies in areas such as semiconductor processing.
Our PhD training programme offers:
- fully funded 4-year research studentships
- a comprehensive taught programme in fusion energy, including materials and plasma science to prepare you for your research project: no prior specialist knowledge is assumed
- exciting research projects, linked to world-leading fusion facilities
- materials, instrumentation and plasma research projects for fusion energy
- projects in high energy density physics and laboratory astrophysics
- experimental projects including superconductivity, spectroscopy, control technology and data analysis
- extensive opportunities for international collaboration and travel
For more information on the Fusion-CDT and studentships visit www.fusion-cdt.ac.uk