DESY has openings for: DESY-Fellowships (f/m)
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. DESY develops, runs and uses accelerators and detectors for the investigation of the structure of matter.
Fellows in experimental particle physics are invited to participate in DESYs particle physics research.
- Analysis and detector-upgrade in the LHC experiments ATLAS and CMS
- Preparation of the International Linear Collider ILC (accelerator and experiments)
- Cooperation in the Analysis Centre of the Helmholtz Alliance ”Physics at the Terascale”
- Participation in experiments like ALPS and BELLE II
- Generic development of detectors and accelerators for applications in particle physics
- Ph.D. completed within the last 4 years
- Experience in experimental particle physics
DESY-Fellowships are awarded for a duration of 2 years with the possibility of prolongation by one additional year.
Please submit your application including a resume and the usual documents (curriculum vitae, list of publications and copies of university degrees) to the DESY human resources department. Please arrange for three letters of reference to be sent before the application deadline to the DESY human resource department.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. DESY operates flexible work schemes. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. There is a bilingual kindergarten on the DESY site.
Please send your application quoting the reference code, also by E-Mail to:
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: EM100/2014
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg | Germany | Phone: +49 40 8998-3392 |
Deadline for applications: 30 September 2014