An experienced Experimental Physicist with a strong practical background of hands-on lab work encompassing mechanical, electronics, optics and materials, as well as physics, is required to join a leading technology development consultancy dedicated to creating innovative technologies on behalf of exciting start-ups, SME'S and global multinationals.
As the Physicist you will be working in a challenging and dynamic environment supporting novel product development projects across a variety of sectors. You will support the scientists and engineers in the R&D teams to design, set-up and run proof of concept experiments, actively contributing to the development of new products and processes. This is a role that will challenge you, provide variety and the job satisfaction of being part of a team developing some very exciting new technologies.
Location - Cambridgeshire
Salary - £22-35K DOE
Benefits - Excellent
Relocation - Assistance Available
As the Experimental Physicist you will use your breadth and depth of experimental knowledge gained from your career to support a team of talented scientists to develop technologies and solve real world problems. Predominately you will support development projects within (but not limited to) the Consumer Products, FMCG, Life Science, Healthcare Electronics and Industrial sectors.
The company offers a fantastic work environment, interesting and challenging projects, excellent opportunity for career development and progression and other benefits as can be expected from an awarding-winning consultancy.
The Experimental Physicist will:
- Design and set up of scientific experiments - specifically in the fields of physics, physical chemistry or materials science
- Contribution to the design and development of new products and processes
- Providing photographic/imaging evidence and analysis of materials, components and devices using techniques such as Scanning Electron (SEM) and Optical Microscopy etc
- Design, manufacture and build of bespoke test rigs used to evaluate performance and reliability of materials, components or devices.
- Contributing to test methodology, process improvement and data capture.
To be considered for the role of Experimental Physicist you need to meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree (BEng/BSc/BA) 2.1 or above in Physics/applied Physics/Physical Chemistry/Materials Science/Natural Sciences or similar.
- You will have relevant experience in a Commercial or Academic Industry setting including:
o Experience of Design of Experiments (DOE)
o Experience of running experimental processes and drawing subsequent conclusions.
o Surface Science/ Materials characterisation skills including SEM, XRD etc
o A good understanding of Mechanical, Electronics, Optics, Materials etc
- You should also be able to work to a high degree of commercial confidentiality
- Some experience with Medical Device Development or Consumer Product Development
- Security clearance