IMDEA Nanoscience (Madrid, Spain) invites applications for a PhD position from candidates with a graduate (MSC level) in Physics, Chemistry or equivalent.
A position for one Early Stage Researcher is open in the Molecular Electronics group at the IMDEA Nanoscience, Madrid, Spain to start in mid-2014 under the supervisión of Prof. Nicolás Agrait (http://www.nanociencia.imdea.org/personas/investigadores/dr-nicolas-agrait-puente)
This position is offered in the frame of the Marie Curie Initial Training Network (http://cordis.europa.eu/projects./rcn/109272_en.html): MOLESCO: MOLECULAR-SCALE ELECTRONICS: Concepts, Contacts and Stability.
Using Scanning Tunneling Microscopes, the researcher will study the electronic transport through molecular-scale devices formed by a single molecule linked to two electrodes. The project will explore novel electrode possibilities as graphene and metals compatible with CMOS fabrication. The MOLESCO network will offer a unique training and research environment in coordination with other nine internationally-leading research teams with skills in molecular synthesis, fabrication of molecular junctions, imaging of molecular junctions with atomic resolution, measurements of charge transport, and electronic structure and transport calculations
Nr of positions available : 1
Physics - Condensed matter properties
Early stage researcher or 0-4 yrs (Post graduate)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
The selected candidate will be offered a 3-year employment contract with full social security coverage.
Attractive salary according to Marie Curie standards and depending on the family situation of the fellow.
In order to be eligible for the job, candidates should match the following criteria:
- Experience: Candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Mobility: candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years previous to their recruitment
Appplicants should send a detailed Curriculum Vitae containing:
- The candidate's academic record to date
- A description of the training already undertaken (lists of courses etc)
- Details of any language qualifications
- The names and addresses (postal and electronic) of two people willing to write a letter of recommendation for the candidate.
- A motivation letter
For applications and any additional information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org