Nuclear Physics Department, Research School of Physics and Engineering, ANU College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
We seek an outstanding early-career researcher to join the Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS) group of the Department of Nuclear Physics.
This is a position funded by an external source. The initial appointment is for a duration of 2 years; however with the possibility of extension, depending on the funding available.
The Postdoctoral Fellow / Research Fellow position is located in the AMS (Accelerator Mass Spectrometry) group of the Department of Nuclear Physics. The incumbent will assist and contribute to the new research area of 'Nuclear Astrophysics and Accelerator Mass Spectrometry(AMS). The Postdoctoral or Research Fellow. The Postdoctoral Fellow / Research Fellow may also participate in collaborative experiments overseas by combining external facilities with AMS for nuclear reaction studies.
Under the broad direction of the AMS group leader, Dr. Anton Wallner, the Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow will
- Conduct research either as a member of a team or independently and produce conference and seminar papers and publications from that research.
- Explore and improve isobaric suppression with the 14UD accelerator and a gas-filled magnet in particular for heavier isotopes.
- Participate in AMS measurements and operate the accelerator.
- Interpret experimental results in terms of stellar nucleosynthesis processes in collaboration with astrophysicists.
- Co-supervise, or where appropriate supervise major honours or postgraduate research projects within the field of the staff member’s area of research.
- Participate in professional activities including, subject to availability of funds, attendance at conferences and seminars in the field of expertise
- Comply with all ANU policies and procedures and in particular those relating to work health and safety and equal opportunity.
- Carry out other duties consistent with the classification of the position.
For More information
If you would like to enquire more about this position, please visit our website (http://jobs.anu.edu.au/PositionDetail.aspx?p=4042),or contact Petra Rickman; firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Anton Wallner; email@example.com