Senior Electronics Design Engineer
£35,000 to £48,000 per annum | London & South East England | 11 Jul 2014
This is a superb opportunity to join the highly regarded Electronics Design group of a company well-known for developing innovative high-tech solutions for real world products within the Automotive, Industrial, Media & Consumer industries.
You will lead and coordinate the development activities which arise during design through to mass production of high volume consumer electronics products. Such products have a wide range of opto-mechanical and electronic challenges associated with cutting edge technology.
The Senior Electronics Design Engineer will also be responsible for the proactive development of new business opportunities by helping to raise the company's public profile within the industry. You will need to be confident in developing relationships with key customers and working to secure business wins during project RFQ stages.
- A Degree in Electronics or Engineering with a bias towards Electronics
- Good hands on electronics design skills across a broad spectrum of disciplines - Digital / Analogue / PCB Layout / Control Electronics
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary projects, communicating with customers and preparing technical presentations and reports
- An ability to understand complex electronic systems, Develop Software (C/C++, Script Writing) & FPGA programming would be an advantage
- You must have a high level of attention to detail and an ability to focus on detail when necessary. You will also need to exhibit a consistent and methodical way of working with strong communication skills
- To be the main contact for engineers during RFQ and development stages of projects
- Preparation of technical offers in partnership with the customer
- Steering the information flow between customer and company
- Formalisation of technical answers and presentation to the customer
- Design-in of microelectronic components
- Lead and Coordination of the defined project group
- Preparation of product specifications and other product related documents
- Technical assistance at the customer incl. feasibility studies of customer-specific solutions
- Introduction of new technologies to customers and attendance at regular workshops
- Coordinate and support preparations of technical presentation and technology demonstrators
- Seek opportunities to promote the company's technology for future business opportunities
Job benefits: Benefits package
Job ref: DCOB/10821
Application deadline: 22 Aug 2014