The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cutting edge laser facility is currently being constructed in Prague, Czech Republic; its commissioning is scheduled for end of 2017. ELI will be delivering ultra short, ultra intense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds (100 fs) with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized laser beams over a wide range of intensities for multi-disciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc. The high laser electric field intensities of the laser pulse will be also used for generating secondary sources of e- and p+ and high-energy photons.
In our team we therefore have the following position available:
The candidates are supposed to work predominantly on the following topics:
- Laser plasma characterization by various detectors
- implementation of various experimental devices in the ion beamline target chamber
- Experience in experimental physics and laser-plasma interaction.
- The opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- Career growth, professional education
- Competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holidays and other employee benefits
- Pleasant work environment
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Mirka Svobodová, HR Project Manager (email@example.com, +420-733690901). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll.(Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i. , Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.