Based in central London in open planned offices, this acclaimed spin-out company has disrupted the technology landscape with their innovative algorithms and quantitative techniques. They have had a number of commercial successes since starting in mid-2000s, and have grown accordingly with globally sited offices. The crux of their success has been the people that they have employed.
As their next Software Developer, you’ll join a meritocratic organisation with similar people to yourself who push themselves to excel and enjoy working in a culture of innovation and scientific rigour. Tools development is at the heart of this company’s activities, and so on day one you will be given projects which can be the start of continued responsibilities. These tools allow for automated management and monitoring of high speed simulations, real-time event processing, large scale data processing, and performance tuning.
- Strong academic background (1st / 2.1 in computer science, maths or similar from a top ranked university) including As at A-level (or equivalent) in Maths and Further Maths. Ideally a post-graduate degree (Masters / PhD) in a highly mathematical subject.
- Outstanding aptitude and track record for analytical and practical problem solving.
- High competence in programming – not only for designing systems to solve problems but also taking pride in producing high quality code. In particular, technical experience will include understanding OO principles, data modelling, database design, data structures and algorithms.
- Technology expertise and deep knowledge of a primary OO language (preferably Java). Further experience in Scala, Python, Ruby or Groovy would be beneficial.
- Experience in using databases (SQL Server, Sybase or Oracle) would be useful.
- In addition, knowledge of quantitative foundations, and ability to understand numerical algorithms and statistical models is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright, highly numerate individual to join this team. In return, you will reap the benefits of your work with an excellent remuneration package including a performance related bonus.