We need an exceptional CxO level Innovation & Commercialisation Director with accomplished engineering backgrounds (Mechanical, Software, Wireless or Applied Science) in full-lifecycle product development of disruptive technologies' to Strategise, Lead and Deliver ground-breaking technology development projects at a leading Technology Consultancy based in Cambridgeshire. This is a pivotal role presenting the opportunity to work at Cx0 level with niche Start-ups, SMES and Global multinationals providing development solutions to the clients complex needs. This is a challenge, varied and interesting position at a company that can offer a truly rewarding career with no glass ceiling.
To be successful in this role you must have evidence of a successful career in initiating and leading innovative technology development projects. You will be recognised as a technical expert within your field with the ability to conceptualise and deliver new exciting technologies cross a breadth and depth of products. You will command an excellent degree of commercial acumen in order to set strategy, provide guidance on commercialisation and develop business relationships that will in time generate projects and revenue for the practice. Particular interest would be in Technical Managers who have had successful careers leading development projects in the Medical Device, Consumer or Defence industries.
Innovation & Commercialisation Director - Managing Consultant
Salary Package - Very Attractive (Six figures - DOE) with excellent CxO level benefits package
Relocation- Relocation Package Available
Prior roles perhaps -Innovation Director, Innovation Manager, Technical Manager, Technical Director, Applications Manager, Applications Director, Technical Business Development Manager, COO, CEO, CTO, Director , Consultant
To be considered for the role of Innovation & Commercialisation Director ( Managing Consultant ) you need the following:
- Essential, Bachelors degree 2.1 or higher in a Technical, Scientific or Engineering based discipline from a Russell Group University or similar.
- A strong background in Technical Management, Project Management & Programme Management within the product development arena. (perhaps COO, CEO, CTO, R&D Manager, Technical Project Manager)
- Prior experience of leading complex product development projects
- Broad knowledge of science and engineering -eg Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry or similar
o A background in Mechanical, Electronics OR Wireless Technologies would be ideal.
- A strong background in business development in order to improve profitability.
- The ability to set strategy
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent client management skills
- Innovative and creative
- The ability to work with a broad demographic of people
Job Location: Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire border (commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Newmarket, Stevenage, Bishops Stortford, Bedford,etc) plus national and international travel -a Full Driving Licence and current Passport are essential.