The National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) is an Independent Administrative Institution (IAI) research center, which was established with the mission of improving the level of materials science and technology in Japan. NIMS invites applications for permanent researcher positions (age retirement system) as of the beginning of June 2014. We welcome applications from female researchers, non-Japanese researchers, and researchers working for private companies.
- Field specified: 14 positions (one position / field)
- Fields not particularly specified (Materials Science)*: availability limited
2. Research field
(1) Nanometer-scale structural analysis of an advanced material using synchrotron-based x-ray diffraction
(2) Novel analytical methods by means of next generation synchrotron light sources
(3) Materials science for High-Tc superconducting wires for applications
(4) Thermoelectric semiconductors with functional hybrid structures
(5) Fuel-Cell Materials
(6) Synthesis of Ceramics
(7) Soft photonic materials
(8) Computational Materials Science (Modeling of Microstructure Evolution)
(9) High-Strength Polymer Coating
(10) Nano-ionics field (new function emergence, evaluation, and theory, etc.)
(11) Functional Nanosheet
(12) Creation of novel metallic materials by a plastic deformation process
(13) Investigation of the corrosion of steels
(14) Hybrid materials (including CFRP: Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer matrix composites) for structural applications
(15) Materials science *
(16) Materials science * (Applicants are limited to female researchers only.)
*NIMS has positions in fields that are not specified. As long as the research relates to materials science, we do not consider the applicant's specialty or whether the research is basic or applied.
Application documents must reach us no later than July 23, 2014.
To view the complete announcement, including instructions for applying, application documents, qualifications, arrival date, deadline for application submission, please visit: