YOU COULD TEACH PHYSICS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS
PGCE Secondary Science with Physics: 1 year full-time
If you have a physics or physics-related degree and are looking to either launch or change your career you could become a teacher. Our PGCE in Secondary Science with Physics qualifies you to teach your favourite subject in secondary schools. It takes as little as one year to complete and attracts a training bursary of up to £25,000 tax free*.
- Qualifies you to teach ages 11-16 with post-16 enhancement
- Course available at both Level 6 (H) and Level 7 (M)
- Placements in at least two different schools
- Strong links with over 200 secondary schools
- Productive, modern and supportive learning environment
- Excellent feedback from past and present students
- 95 per cent course quality rating in the latest Newly Qualified Teacher survey
- Support from a personal tutor
- Grade 1 ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted report
*Eligible candidates only
As well benefitting from our superb University-based facilities, which includes simulated teaching rooms with interactive whiteboards and top-of-the-range ICT provision you will be offered a number of placements in a wide range of educational establishments enabling you to gain valuable teaching experience in a variety of settings. At least two thirds of the course takes place in school and you will be assigned a trained mentor, who will support and guide your work, as well as provide training and feedback.
Come and visit us at the Train to Teach Roadshow at the ICC Birmingham on Sat 15 March (9.30am-5pm) or register to attend one of our Postgraduate Open Evenings.
Or simply call us today to find out how we can help you develop the skills and knowledge to become an inspirational physics teacher.
Contact our Course Enquiries Team for more information:
T: +44 (0)121 331 5595