Applied IT specialist
As an applied IT specialist in the Fund's Asset allocation and risk management team, you will:
- Liaise with external data providers, in particular with the Fund's master custodian and with the risk consultant.
- Maintain and develop interfaces with external databases, as required.
- Maintain the Risk Management database and process data coming from external sources.
- Develop new programs and make updates as required.
- Provide support for existing systems ensuring that problems are resolved in a methodical manner and that progress is communicated effectively to all relevant parties.
- Validate the coherence of data coming from the external sources.
- Conduct system analysis and keep systems up to date with changing technologies and environment.
- Analyse current applications including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problems as well as design solutions.
Bachelor in the field of computer science, or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
- Demonstrated experience in software development in investment risk management context.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of software development (C#, ASP.NET MVC, Matlab).
- Demonstrated experience with database design and development (Oracle, NHibernate).
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg .NET API, enterprise reporting software, and virtualisation techniques would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Programming/Software development: in-depth knowledge of object-d oriented programming and design patterns.
- Database administration.
- Database/Repository design: in-depth knowledge of oracle and of advanced csv file processing.
- Software development process improvement.
- Working with financial markets and instruments.
Founded in 1954 in Geneva, CERN - the European Organization for Nuclear Research is the world's most advanced fundamental research institute for particle physics. Over the last 50 years, it has become a prime example of international collaboration with currently 20 member states.
Please note that we only accept applications from CERN Member State nationals.