The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cutting edge laser facility is currently being constructed in Prague, Czech Republic; its commissioning is scheduled for end of 2015. ELI will be delivering ultrashort, ultraintense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds (100 fs) with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized laser beams over wide range intensities for wide range of interdisciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc. The high laser electric field intensities of the laser pulse will be also used for generating secondary sources of e- and p+ and high-energy photons.
Several experimental programs are under construction (e.g. X-rays, particle acceleration, plasma physics, high-field) and require engineers/technicians to accompany the design phase of the installations. The candidates will be assigned to the various physics groups and are supposed to interact strongly with the scientists on the one side and the construction/planning team on the other side.
In our team we are looking for:
4 Engineer Positions
The candidates are expected to:
- Interface between the team of physicists and the planning/design teams of engineers/technicians
- Responsible for the design of the experimental installations and development of electronic, optical and mechanical components and systems
- Production and testing of prototypes produced by manufacturers
- Several years of prior working experience in engineering
- Engineering college; university degree not required but welcomed
- Computing and programming skills
- Fluent in English for speaking and writing; knowledge of another language, in particular Czech, is a plus although not mandatory
- Willingness and ability to work with a team of physicists and engineers/technicians at the same time
- Willingness to travel according to the requirements of the position
- The position may, subject to a later decision, become permanent
- The initial contract will be for one year, after that renewable to the end of the project
- The salary will be in relation to experience in the field
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Mirka Svobodová, HR Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420733690901). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll.(Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i. , Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.