High Wycombe, Bucks, UK
An outstanding opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer (C# and probably a background in C++) with experience of creating and maintaining software for complex real time applications likely to be used in capital equipment, instrumentation or image processing. We offer an innovative, challenging and exciting working environment, with the opportunity to work in fast-paced teams on industry-leading product development. You will join our Software team in a senior role to develop the software components and graphical user interfaces for new leading edge, high technology products.
Oxford Instruments NanoAnalysis is a global leader in advanced analytical systems for X-ray microanalysis and electron backscatter diffraction. Our products are used by most of the world’s major international companies and leading research institutes for industrial analysis, research and quality control. Oxford Instruments plc is a global company with manufacturing facilities, offices and service centres, worldwide and an annual turnover of over £350m.
- Develop innovative, robust and reliable software components and systems for new products.
- Provide software support for existing products.
- Provide “go to” expertise and mentoring on software issues for the wider technology team.
- Work with project team members to produce agreed specifications and develop products that meet them.
- Plan, prioritise and manage own work and co-ordinate the work of team members to achieve integrated solutions to project milestones.
- A good Science or Engineering Degree.
- An excellent C# software developer, probably with a background in C++, and with experience of real time, multi-threaded environments, Visual Studio, .NET and ideally WPF.
- The following skills and experience would also be an advantage: WCF, Prism / Composite Application and Unit Testing
- Experience of working to deadlines, ideally, within a commercial environment.
- An excellent work ethic and team working skills.
- A background in Technology R&D or Physics would be ideal but not essential.
- Able to articulate technical issues clearly and succinctly
Please apply online with your CV and contact details to external recruitment partner, Afric Nickson, at ANickson@ResourceScience.co.uk.